To do business in any state other than its incorporation state, a corporation must file a form generally known as an Application for Certificate of Authority. Most states require documentation (obtained within a specific time frame prior to the filing) that the corporation legally exists in its home state.corporation-foreign-qualification

Many states require additional supporting documents, such as an acceptance of appointment by the registered agent, a certificate of name registration, proof of publication, or disclosure regarding the activities/history of the corporation’s principals. States may also impose post-qualification requirements, such as an initial report. NSI’s corporate specialists can help you avoid problems and delays with your filings.

To learn more, contact us today or dial (800) 235-0337.